From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:31:38 -0400
Dearest Sandee

Tears prevent me from telling you all of his story right now, but could
you please keep watch for my beloved, oh so beloved Sammy.  He left his
battered body of 10 yrs and 3 mos yesterday, while resting on my chest.
We spent many precious hours together that way.  There have been times
where my Sammy-man should have come to you, but we beat death.  This
time, Sammy just got tierd.  Sammy's arms will probably be very tierd
even as he reaches the Bridge,because he carried my heart with him when
he left.  He brought some brightly colored pom-poms with him because his
very favorite place to sleep after he had played himself out at playtime
was the pom-pom box.  He also brought warm fleece squares to keep him
warm at night, and to remind him of his Momma.  I always wrapped him up
warm and cuddly-cozy when I fed him his soup. (feeding him his soup with
a spoon was not out of illness, it was out of the one time I did it and
from then on he was SPOILED!  That was fine with me, he deserved all the
spoiling he could get.)  BTW he brought one of his favorite spoons with
himbut I doubt he'll need any spoiling up there because he will feel so
good..Maybe, should he miss his Earthly home, he could rest his head on a
pom-pom, and dream of the pom-pom box he loved so, here with Momma.  He
brought some balloons and ribbons from his tenth birthday party.  We had
a big party, with cake(and we had his picture transfered on it!) and
balloons and the whole deal at his loving vet's office, Dr Parker.  Dr.
Parker even had the whole staff come and sing happy birthday to Sammy.
What a wonderfully happy day that was.

We had such a wonderful life together..Sammy was always there.  It got to
the point where I just thought that Sammy would never leave me.  As I
watched his life's breath slip away, it was so surreal..I called to him
to to not go, to not do this.  But in my heart, my heart that was being
shatteredmore and more, with each breath closer to the end he took.  So
very broken.that I don't think it can ever be healed,.I knew he had to
go, it was time.  I know that I was being greedy to ask for more time.
Ten years & 3 months is a big chunk of time to share with a ferret...
He had battled so bravely Adrenal disease, Insulinoma, congestive heart
failure, and in the end, it was a bleeding ulcer that Sammy knew he had
had enough.  He has given me more of everything, love, comfort,
companionship than I could ever pray for.  He has taten my totally
shattered heart with him, because I myself could never repair it.  And as
melodramatic as it may sound, althouth my life has been blessed beyond
any single word could say, my life will never be the same without him.
His brothers and sisters are taking Sammy's leaving hard too.  No one
played today at play time.  My big guy Chance, wouldn't eat very much of
his duck soup he gets as a treat.

So please, whom ever may be on bridge duty, please watch out for my boy,
my boy who was with me through my human kids middle school days, high
school days, and almost both of their graduation from college..  You'll
know Sammy when he arrives.  He has a funny lion tail tuft on his tail!
He had been completely bald at one point, we gave him Lupron, almost ALL
of his fur grew back excpt for that cute little tail.  Sammy is one of
the bravest & strongest warriors against all odds and there will never,
ever be another ferret anywhere, anytime ever again.

Please Sandee, if you could ask him please, please, find someone to teach
him how to pay a visit, to let me know that he is now so full of health,
and happiness, and is doing alright..  Please let him know that although
every cell in my body aches to hold him again, Momma knew that it was
time.  And please, above all, please would you give my boy your best hug,
and tell him I love him, and that I will never forget him, & finally
please tell him one more time that I thank him for the love, so much far
& above more than any ferret I have ever known.  Please thank him for me
all of those "kisses for Mama" he gave me for 10 years...&...3..months..

Thank you so much
Sue
Sammy's Mama, forever I will always be.