Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:51:30 EST
Hi Everyone,

I thought this might be a great place to ask this question?  In the past
a couple ferrets have come into our shelter that have had Califlower
ears.  I had always thought Califlower ears were caused from a birth
defect.  But one of the very well educated vets told me that Califlower
ears are caused by severe mite infection.  Then another person said that
its caused from breeding ferrets sucking on each others ears, which for
me is hard to believe.

This most handsome ferret just got turned into our shelter and he has
Califlower ears, of course down deep I want to bring him to my house, but
with those ears and the problems involved in cleaning Califlower ears, I
just don't know.  As if I need another ferret!LOL

Charleen and the Wa. Tails.