Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:30:51 -0400
Just to make it clear, there are NO AFA Ferret Breeders. AFA does
not breed ferrets. There are hobby ferret breeders who are also AFA
members. Just like there are no HOFA Ferret Breeders, just HOFA members
who breed ferrets or GCFA Ferret Breeders, just GCFA members who breed
ferrets. Same thing.

As for an open house at a breeder's facility, all the breeders I work
with have open door policies with people visiting their ferrets on a
regular basis. Most of us have clients come see ALL our ferrets before
they decide - especially when older ferrets are being adopted. Plus
if anyone wants to see my ferret room all they need to do is watch
Ferrets: The Pursuit of Excellence DVD since the Aussie film crew was
at my place for 2 days filming.

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets: An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book