From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 01:53:06 -0800
Picking up on the fert penis thread ....When I first got my first ferret,
Robert, about a year ago, he climbed into the dishwasher late one night
while I was emptying it and got hmself hooked by his urethra or maybe the
sheath of his penis (?) on one of those spokes that stand up from the
bottom to hold dishes in place.

I pulled him off as carefully as I could and took a look.  No visible
damage, The next AM he was a little swollen and reddish around the
opening, and I called the vet.  She said to watch to see if he got
better or worse, and he resolved in a couple of days.

But now THAT was a scare.  First time I heard ferret shrieks.Probably
what saved him from more harm was the fact that it was after and not
before the dishwasher rcleaned the dishes.

I almost never use the dishwasher these days.