From:
"Ada ( Weaselpals)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:53:04 -0400
Hi there,

It is that time of the year when it really heats !!

So I just want everyone to take precautions for their ferret/s. Please
keep ferrets indoors, five minutes in just too long in a Car without
air on, don't run into a store, bank or etc, Ferrets just cant take the
heat. Always have a spray bottle with water in your car if traveling
with ferrets in the warm weather.

If you do have to travel and you don't have air conditioning in your
car, please freeze 20-oz pop bottles and put them in a tube sock or
nylon sock and tie in in a knot and put the bottle/ bottles in their
carrier or cage, I have air in my vehicle but I still take frozen
bottles in a small cooler just In case !! Also leave these bottles
in their cage if your AC is not working, wet light colored towels And
ring them out but leave them damp and drape them over their cage along
with the frozen water bottles. Make sure they have a bowl of water and
a water bottle, just in case they spill their water.

Also you never know when the power will go out when you are not home,
you can call your home and if you have an answering machine and the
meassge doesn not come on more than likely the power has gone out, Run
dont walk as soon as you can to get home, wet them down with cool
water. take them to the basement, or to a friends house.

This is some of the things I could think of off the top of my head for
now.

Take care and Keep cool.

Ada
Weaselpals

[Moderator's note: And always assume your car or its air conditioner
will break at the worst possible time. That reminds me of a couple of
penguin jokes but, oh, nevermind... BIG]