From:
Jenn Kovacsi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:49:42 +0000
I recently read a post on here about Nature's Logic food, and I am
always looking for better, less preservative-filled food made by
companies that do not test their products on animals (with the
exception of feeding trials, of course), so I checked the website and
sent an e-mail to them to see if their products were appropriate for
ferrets. They said "yes," and sent out samples for me to try (that I
received in about a day--WOW!). I like the protein content (38.0%),
but the other ingredients were as follows:

Chicken Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat, Montmorillonite, BrewerÂ’s Yeast,
Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Spray Dried Chicken Liver, Pumpkin Seed,
Animal Plasma, Kelp, Natural Flavor, Cottage Cheese, Suncured Alfalfa
Meal, Egg Shell, Avocado, Chicory Root, Tomato Powder, Almonds, Spray
Dried Cod Liver Oil, Apple Powder, Blueberry, Apricots, Carrots,
Pumpkin, Cranberry, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Artichoke, Rosemary,
Fermentation Products (Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product
Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium
Bifidium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Streptococcus Faecium
Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Sporogenes Fermentation
Product Dehydrated), Enzymes (Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase,
Bromelain), Mixed Tocopherols.

I didn't see all the veggies and fruits as being a good thing at all,
but the rep. assured me that it was a good food for ferrets. I am
currently feeding them Mazuri, but would like to know about more
natural, conscientious companues without sacrificing any nutritional
content for the fuzzies. Advice? Feel free to contact me off-list,
and please, let's avoid any raw/kibble debates.

Thanks in advance!

Jenn and the excellent eight