From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 08:01:14 -0400
>From:    Kevin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
 <snip>
>3. If #2 was fact for males as well as females, then If we have him
>   vacetomized(spelling is horrible) instead of fixed, will he still stink,
>   or will he not.
 <snip>
>5. If vactomized and not fixed, will a male ferret still have the more
>   aggressive tendencies of a whole ferret?

I'm not a vet but have a limited personal experience opinion.  I hope Alicia
from Ferret Wise can also speak up on this one.  We visited her a couple of
times and handled her vasectomized male which I'm pretty sure was not
descented.  He smelled no stronger than any other male ferret that she or we
had.  i.e. He was a little musty if you got got real close but that seemed
to be mostly from around the ears.  She did comment that he dominated.
However, she had others on hand that seemed far more aggressive to me.

If it were me I would go with just the vasectomy.