From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:10:28 -0400
At 18:05 5/21/00 -0400, Animal Lover wrote:
>When we push her away she thinks we are playing and comes back at
>our feet and really chomps down.  I do not want to "Plick" her in the nose,
>as that is not an option for us...

You need to break the cycle.  Wear shoes around her so she can't bite your
feet.  Don't push her away if she bites, but rather spray her with water
using a spray bottle with an adjustable nozzle so you can spray a very
narrow stream.  Keep it handy and use it instantly.  She won't like it one
little bit and will quickly get the idea that actions have consequences.
Remove the temptation (wear shoes), remove the possible stimulus (pushing
her away), punish any remaining action humanely (spray bottle).

One of mine was making an absolute pest of himself by climbing into the
drawer in the end table by going up under the table and climbing over the
back end of the drawer.  This went on for several days once he discovered
the drawer and consumed almost 100% of play time.  He was obsessed with it!
He wound up catching a rear toenail in a metal fixture in the back of the
drawer and even that didn't change his mind.  (Danger spot covered over
now.)  The squirt bottle cured it in another two days.  Try it.

--
Jim H