Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:22:03 -0500
Hi all,
I happened to catch the Tonight show with Ben Stiller.  I have never
really liked him as an actor and now...don't like him as a person.  When
Jay asked him about the movie, which was afterall the reason he was on
the show, and mentioned that there was a ferret in the movie Stiller
launched into what I would describe as a diatribe about ferrets and how
horrible they were.  He called them rat like marsupials, mean, stinky
etc.  He said that he was holding the ferret about face high with the
ferret outward and the ferret turned around and bit him on the chin.

What Rita posted about today is accurate with what I saw as well.  He
spent his entire time that he was supposed to be promoting his movie
blasting the ferret.  It is a wonder that the studio allows him to go on
about that.  I would think that if people believe him that they won't
want to see the movie which kinda defeats the purpose of his appearance.
He didn't say he needed a rabies shot or even any treatment for the bite.
I emailed the Tonight show voicing displeasure about this and asking if
perhaps they would consider having a pro ferret guest on the show to
counter his actions.  Won't go anywhere I know but did it anyway.  I
even mentioned Jeanne Carley as a suggested guest.  I was so looking
forward to this movie but now don't know if I can stand Ben Stiller
for that long.

Ann H