From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 1996 15:49:51 -0400
To my beloved Little One,

It was 3 weeks ago today that you went to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
Three weeks that you will never see.

I know you are better off there, for you died in pain, and now you have no
more pain.  But the plain truth is Little One I miss you terribly.  It
doesn't make sense for me to miss one when I have 18 of your cousins to love
in my home, but I do.  I sit and the tears streak my face as I think of all
the charm and love you held in yours.  You're sweet little face.  So full of
love and joy.  When you were but a baby, 3 mere years ago, you saved my
life.

I only wish I had been able to do so for you, but it was not to be.  You put
us such a valiant fight, 5 times you underwent the Dr.'s knife.  Four of
those 5 you bounced, literally back to give love and joy in my heart once
again.  You have the soul of a loving Angel, and yet you had that impish
streak that I came to love so much.  Not sheet sharking like the rest of the
household would do.  No you had to be different.  Licking between my toes,
tops and bottoms, instead of nipping.  Or stealing my straws with a
regularity that I got extras just for you to steal and hide in that special
place.  For a Little One who could not see, you certainly had a way of
finding trouble.  Some good, some bad.  Like the time you got stuck at the
bottom of the upright tube, and I couldn't find you for 13 of the longest
hours in history.  Or the time Momma dropped a barricade on your little paw,
causing it to bleed, and be deformed for the rest of your life.  And yet all
you did was dook a little to let me know you weren't happy with the
incident.  Never once blaming me or turning on me in your hurt.

I think one of my best memories of you, is your winning kissy attitude
turned on a disbelieving politician as she changed her mind, and realized
that you guys weren't the bad guys after all.

Your time here was very short, too short, but you did so much.  I miss you,
Little One.  Take care and save room in your heart for Momma.  I will join
you one day, but not soon.  I have your cousins to care for.

But there will always be only one Little One in my life, and that is you my
Tavvi.  Good-bye.

[M]