From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:43:05 EST
I want to thank all of you for your wonderful stories of encouragement
regarding your ferrets and disabled persons, or how the ferrets themselves
have overcome Disabilities.  They are all wonderful, and for those of you
who have given me permission, I use these stories with my clients as much
as I can.

Millie and blind Ammonia and her story in 'Modern Ferret' magazine is
wonderful for children who are faced with blindness or approaching
blindness..... Rebecca's story of her son Sean and how he is having such a
progress breakthrough with his autism with the ferrets.

Heck, even that farcical piece about the "seeing eye weasels" has it's
uses.  There are many more of you who have written about your experiences
who's names I didn't catch or lost.  Ferrets who've gotten help for a
wheelchair user who was out of her chair, etc., etc.  These are wonderful!

I am an advocate of pet therapy and I've been pushing for ferrets to take a
more active place in this service.

If anyone has a story or stories that they would be willing to give me
permission to use (of course you will be credited as the source!!!!!)
please let me know.

Thank you so much!

Catherine Garcia
Director
Office for Persons with Disabilities
Roman Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City
"Behind The Zion Curtain"