From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:34:37 -0400
Okay, here's an odd one for you - one of my girls, Anastasia, has started
snorfling...meaning she is occasionally making noises like she is trying to
swallow something sticky - then she bobs her head a bit, licks her lips,
and is fine.  She has been doing it off and on for a few days, and is
showing no other signs of illness, she's eating fine, eliminating fine, and
doesn't seem to be having any respiratory problems.  I don't see anything
stuck in her mouth, and she's not pawing at herself or acting as if she is
uncomfortable.  She's just...snorfling.  I don't think she is trying and
failing to be sick, even - it doesn't seem to bother her.  Stasia's six
now, so I have had ferrets for a while and never known of snorfling, or
heard it to be a symptom of anything - but I thought I should ask the
Collective Wisdom of the FML!  :)

By the way - has anyone noticed the huge number (relatively speaking) of
Meg(h)ans we have on this list?  I wonder what it all means....:)

Thanks,
Megan and the snorflers:
Anastasia ("I'm fine!  I don't want to go to the vet!")
Lexie ("Can you keep her quiet?  She's keeping me awake.")
Sammi ("Both of you shut up!  I'm trying to climb the bookcase!")

--

        "I do it for the joy it brings,
          because I'm a joyful girl."

[Moderator's note: 4 Meghans and 8 Megans, though I doubt I have all
the names.  BIG]