From:
Ellen Van Landingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:21:05 -0600
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> says:

> I feel terrified about all toys now.  Would anyone care to suggest
> types of toys that they feel are ferret safe?

Leigh,

My fuzzies love ping-pong balls, and they're much too big to swallow :-).
Practice golf balls (which look like tiny whiffle balls) can be attached to
bouncy strings -- but watch your ferrets carefully to be sure that they
don't chew on the string!!!  The smallest size of Kong toys (sold at pet
supply places as parrot toys) are very popular around here, too.  They're
made of hard rubber and last a long time, but should be replaced at the
first sign that anyone is chewing bits off (takes 6-12 months at our house).
One of our ferrets has a collection of teething rings that she loves to
carry around; they are moved daily from one hidey-hole to another and she
has yet to chew any pieces off.

Hope this helps,

ellen & the Gang of [for the moment] Three