From:
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 08:36:41 -0800
>From:    Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Separations

Again Debbie (or whoever is helping post for her) is bringing in an issue
from another forum.  You are discussing two entirely different things.
This might really confuse those not also from that other forum.  A pair
of ferrets that are raised together and have been together for a while
completely seperated from other ferrets are not the same as the constantly
changing environment of a shelter.

Most shelters that have taken in that pair raised together should try to
keep them together in adopting them out again - even if they were also a
part of a larger group while in residence at the shelter.  This is
something we shelter operators often mentino to each other usually in the
form of "I placed a pair" or "I managed to place a triple".

>Before you come back like gang busters, think about a stubbed toe, which
>sends a message to your brain that it hurts/versus your brain says stub
>your toe so it will hurt.  Look at everything objectively, then evaluate
>the topic.

Perhaps if you keep stubbing your toe you might not blame the stone but
instead be more careful about where you step.  Some you blame for hurting
you are really just telling you to watch your step so you don't get hurt.
Don't shoot the messenger is a common way to say that.

b&d
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets