From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 06:26:37 -0400
Dear Friends,

With the hurricane season upon us, and with the way the storms have
been hitting everywhere lately, the word from here is Be Prepared.

If you live in an area that may be evacuated, have your carriers ready,
with a "Grab and Go", bag, food, water, meds for the fur kids and
yourself. Do not take plastic bags. Go to the local Thrift Shop and get
a canvas bag with sturdy handles. They always have an abundance of tote
bags at very reasonable prices. Bottled water in 16 ounce bottles are
easy to carry and can be rotated now and again.

I am not suggesting you throw the ferret into the carrier at the first
raindrop, but be ready. You should have your carriers clean and packed
in plastic trash bags so you can open and assemble in minutes. Pack the
kids in the vehicle with supplies and head for higher ground.

Been through a through storm or two, one at the Beachfront with 20 foot
waves crashing over the house, we could not get out before the storm
hit. We had five feet of water in the street and 9 feet of water in
the cellar. We had no power, but, we were prepared and did just fine.

I do not want to do it again, but I would not have missed it for the
world.

That key to success is be prepared, so get your carriers and Grab and
Go bags ready now. Oh yes, put an extra pair or two of socks in for
yourself, cold, wet feet make you miserable.

Marilyn at Ledoux Hospice.