Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:30:41 -0500
Sue,
What a wonderful question, just because it's about giving (-:

I'm not a shelter Mom, but have two very special shelter Mom's that I
am lucky to know as friends.

Bedding is something they can always use, and warms the heart when sent
for a special ferret.

However the biggest concern I think for shelter operators is getting
the ferrets in their care the medical attention they need. Vet visits,
emergency critical care, routine meds (prednisolone, diaoxide),
treatment plans (lupron, melatonin) -these things are ongoing and
really add up. I think trying to support ferrets medically is the
one of the toughest and highest priorities of shelters.

While it may not seem like much on your end to send a monetary
donation, it does so much to care for the ferrets at the shelter, and
to help the shelter Mom or Dad. Plus, with a heartfelt note I think it
would really make their day and ease their burden.

Warm thoughts to you. Because giving, however you do it (with time,
gifts, donation) is what matters!

Dooks
Risa