From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:01:35 -0400
Hello all,
Got a call this morning from a woman in Lexington , KY who found me on the
web.  She was hoping to find a home for a little DEW sprite named Sabrina.
Apparently, Sabrina was no match for her two older and larger male ferrets,
and was getting beat up.  Thank goodness she called - her boyfriend gave
her an ultimatum- find a new home for her by tonight or it's the Humane
Society.  (Grrr...) I don't know how policies vary across the country, but
our local Humane Soc.  does not adopt out ferrets - they are destroyed
after 72 hours.

We jumped in the car to pick up Sabrina, who is in great physical shape and
remarkably laid-back.Vet check was fine, shots are even up to date.  She's
quite the belle of the ball right now as the other ferrets are sniffing her
and giving her ear licks.  She's already claimed the coveted
middle-of-the-pile sleep spot.

What a great resource this list is !  I can't tell you how happy I am that
her owner took the time to call us, so that this wonderful little girl
didn't get dumped or euthanized.  Sorta renews my faith in humans.....after
all, we can't all be fortunate enough to be born weasely !

Kym and the nine pampered fuzzies....Stinky, Katie, Zoe, Pooh, Rikki,
Bitty, Mortimer, Mortimee, and our newest princess, Sabrina.