From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 08:40:19 -0700
On Sunday, May 23, a film crew representing Animal Planet's new series,
Little Pets 101 will be at Emerald Park,1400 Lake Drive, Eugene, OR
starting at 1:00 pm, to film a reenactment of the Ferret Agility
Trials. At Sunday's event you'll see ferrets competing in events like
the Tube Run, Dirt Dig, Yawning Contest, Strongest Ferret Competition,
Paper Bag Escape, and Cup Tip. The top three winners in each event
receive a medal: gold, silver, or bronze, which will be presented in a
medal ceremony. I am thrilled and excited to be part of this! I think
this will bring some much needed focus on ferret shelters as well as
provide some other insight into ferret owners.

If you can get here for that day, feel free to stop by! Bring your
ferrets if you'd like as well. The more the merrier! You can also
come by and be "a face in the crowd" for the cameras.

This event is free to anyone who wants to come watch the fun. We will
have several fun pet themed baskets will to be raffled off. Do not need
to be present to win!

The actual Ferret Agility Trials will be Sunday, September 19, starting
at noon at Emerald Park. The Ferret Agility Trials is the main
fundraiser for Lane Area Ferret Shelter and Rescue, the only ferret
shelter in Oregon south of Oregon City. For more information, please
contact Melanee Ellis at (541) 484-1090 or [log in to unmask]

Hope to see some of you there!

Melanee Ellis
Shelter Manager
Lane Area Ferret Shelter and Rescue