From:
"O. McDaniel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:48:31 -0400
Hello everyone!  I'm pretty new to 'The List' but I have come to realize
ferret people have got to be some of the most generous people out there.
In addition to some great people here on the list, I'd like to share my
experience with some one I met last month in a PetCo while there looking
for another Baby to add to our household.

This woman runs a home for old/sick/unwanted ferrets, and in addition,
writes, prints and passes out information about ferrets to anyone who'll
give her 2 minutes.  Although we already had two, 5 minutes of talking to
her really enlightened me.  We have upgraded their food, no more corns
and cereals, traded in our treats, out went the sugars, thrown out the
cedar shavings and the clay cat litter and changed to a ferret vet ...
yep, there wasn't much we were doing right.  When she found out we were
looking for another fuzzy, she referred us to a rescue in near by Las
Vegas, 24 Karat Ferret.

She also showed us these plastic pipes she had for the ferrets to run
through, our guys love them!  We bought one on the spot and the ferrets
were having so much fun, we bought another off her website:
http://pages.prodigy.net/furpeopleweyr/index.html Besides the ferrets
having a blast in them, we feel good about helping out a good cause.  We
also found them on Ebay while shopping for toys at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2393712259

She obviously puts in a lot of time and money not in just helping the
fuzzies at her shelter, but by educating well meaning but ignorant people
like us, she's helping Ferrets all over.  I'm sure she'd appreciate your
support!

So from us and our 3, Thank You Brenda at the FurpeopleWeyr!

O. McDaniel