From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:56:29 EDT
I apologize for not including this last night.  My only excuse is that I
was a bit tired.  Although what I said in that post is all true, I really
need to add that there have been many, many wonderful new friends that I've
made due to the ADV issue.  I have also had e-mail from total strangers
about Russian, Charlie and ADV, offering sympathy and support.  There are
many caring, compassionate people that read this list, and I realize that
my post may have made it sound like there aren't.  My sincerest apologies
to those that have been so supportive of what I'm trying to accomplish.
You are all simply "the best"!

Please keep Kodiak and Samson in your prayers.  Today they have gone in
to be put under anesthesia to have samples taken to send to Dr. Stevenson.
We also have to run several urine and blood tests to check for
hypergammaglobulemia and kidney function.  Both have lost a great deal of
weight over the last month or two and, at this time of year, they should
be gaining.  Both are ADV positive.

Again, thank you so much to all my new friends...all those who have been
compassionate enough to write me...and especially to Julie Fossa, who has
been my "rock" through all this, despite two of her own babies being ADV
positive.  She has done a fabulous job of keeping all her shelter kids ADV
free.  She tests regularly and has not had one new ADV positive ferret in 9
months.  I also have to thank her for making my attendance at the Ferret
Symposium 2000 possible.

Judy