From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 01:18:58 -0400
Sometimes the squeeky wheel should be replaced rather than blaming the
one that doesn't squeek.

>From:    Sandi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Washington state
>
>[Moderator's note: Because opinions are useful, even if they are
>occasionaly worded in a negative fashion.  BIG]

Negative is in the eye of the reader.  We try to point out ways to improve
protection from the Aleutians virus but that gets turned into a negative
comment by those who have different ideas.

>It has not yet been changed to WFR.  Neither of our shelters are hiding
>from anyone and it's unnecessary for Mr. Killian to dredge up something he
>happened onto well over a year ago.

We are not referring to events of well over a year ago.

>And what is this knowledge based on?  Mr. Killian is now an expert on
>Washington state?

Our knowledge (yes our) is more on ferrets and in particular Marshall
ferrets than on the state of Washington.  Though with many friends and
relatives living there we do have a more than passing knowledge of the
state.  None of this is new information.

>(1)PETCO purchases their ferrets from Marshall Farms.  Many, and more
>likely most, of the other pet stores in Washington state purchase directly
>from MF.  If pet stores are buying "faked" MF ferrets, they are also being
>supplied with faked MF "guarantees" and other MF paperwork.  (I would
>think  Mr. Killian should contact MF if he has knowledge of fraud
>involving MF ferrets.)

Actually we (yes both of us) have indeed been in touch with Marshall.
But they alerted us not us them.

Since the Petcos here in Virginia get their ferrets from various sources
even when they are mere miles apart.  And since New Jersey is another
place with a problem of fraudulent sales of ferrets with faked Marshall
guarantees.  And since a friend of ours who used to be in the business of
putting ferrets into pet stores was given Marshall paperwork when he pulled
those ferrets out of some stores we do not find your evidence compelling.
But none of this is new information.

>What are these "problems" with "faked MF ferrets" that Mr. Killian is
>reporting and where is his information coming from?  Neither WFR nor I are
>aware of any problem with faked MF ferrets.

We have tried to bring this to your attention before.  But now you have
definitely been alerted.  Great.

There are definite trends in Washington state involving improperly altered
ferrets.  Since they are completely out of proportion with the rest of the
country and it is well known that there is a problem with "faked" Marshall
kits the most logical assumption is that the badly or unaltered ones have
come from some place other than the more accurate Marshall Farms.  This has
been discussed several times over the past few years.

>Ferrets NW (Lipinski) is the only other ferret shelter (of any size, who
>has been in existence for two or more years) in western Washington.
>Perhaps Mr. Killian has talked to the shelter in eastern Washington and
>intended to state that the problem was there, rather than in the entire
>Washington state?

We (not just bill and BOTH of us) have indeed talked to our friends in
your end of the state.  You have a long history of not liking us for no
good reason but others do like us.  Even out there.  Perhaps there is
more we know about your area that you have not been brought up to date
on.  Well try harder to keep you informed.  We're sorry we failed you.

>From:    matan rosenstrauch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: JILL IS ALWAYS HORNY!!!
>
>this is matan from israel, whoever remembers me... so..  my last kit was
>sold yeterday while he is 2 months old.  1 month ago she got into heat,
>whil she miked the babies!!!  and it disappeared after 2 weeks.  now, she
>is i heat again!!  i dont know what to do.

Your jill's body might think that you weaned the kits too young.  It might
think that the litter was unsuccessful and the kits all died so it is
trying again.

This is normal.  You might have to get her a hormone injection to bring
herback out of estrus.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets