From:
Brett & Melissa Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:04:09 -0700
Hello all, could really use your support and info right now.  One of our
little fuzzies, Teeka, is giving us quite a scare.  Here are the details as
we have them....

*  Teeka is nearly 2, female, spayed, sable
*  Has had trouble with her stools periodically through out her life
   (explanation later).
*  Had a particular bad bought with small broken stools aprox one month ago.
   Vommitted once, but was eating, drinking, and playing fine. Our vet put
   her on Albon 1/4cc once a day, her stools cleared up in about 7 days.
*  Last week (on Monday), same thing started again, so we put her back on
   the Albon.  By friday, still no change in her stools, and she became
   very lethargic.  Only got up to eat, drink and use the little pan.  She
   seemed to be eating and drinkking fine, so we waited.  By Saturday, she
   was even more lethargic, but still eating and drinking.  We called our
   vet he told us to check her temp, if it was high, to get her some help.
   We have moved, and can't get to our old vet, he was just consulting us
   by phone.  Well, her temp was high 105.  We rushed her to the nearest
   ferret vet (4hrs away).  they confirmed her temp at 105.  Took x-rays,
   stomache and intestine looked fine, stool sample showed nothing as
   well.  That night, her temp dropped to 104, so we started to relax.
   Nothing new sunday day, still eating, drinking, pooping, and 104 temp.
   That night, her temp shot up to 106.  More antibiotics, and by Monday
   morning her temp was down to 103.3.  Lab work shows high white blood
   cell, and low red blood cells.  Will get lab results on organ function
   in the morning.

Needless to say, we are scared as hell, and have had to come home, leaving
our baby at the vets for 3days now.  They aren't saying much, just waiting
for more lab results.... Sooooo, does anyone have any thoughs on this.  I
know it isn't much to go on, but we are so scared for our baby, anything
would be appreciated.

Brett & Missy Lapham

Jasper....  I miss my sister....
Teeka.....  I want to come home...