From:
Linda Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:33:33 -0500
Dooks..
My male ferret Kodo, now 5, had adrenal gland disease a year and a half
ago(September 2004).  He had surgery to remove the right adrenal gland.
All seemed good.  In September of 2005, Kodo was diagnosed with
Insulinoma and has been on Prednisolone(6.7mg/5 ml given .5 ml once
daily).  He has done well on this amount.

My questions are this: Have any of you experienced or have you heard that
ferrets who are on Pred having hair loss or very thin hair?  Do ferrets
on Pred have problems with gaining weight?  Also, is it true/false that
ferrets who have had a right adrenalectomy have a high return rate of
adrenal gland disease usually with a year or so?  My Kodo has hair
loss/thinning suggestive of adrenal but I have heard that this may come
from the Pred.  Also, he never gained his winter weight.  Didn't know
if this was from the Pred also.  I would like to hear from some of you
who have had this same type of situation or those of you who have had
ferrets for a lot of years.

I am concerned about my dear Kodo.  I would appreciate any input.
Please message me privately.

Thank you for your time and keep on dookin,
Linda and her fuzzy 4

Dooks from me & my ferrets--Tacoma , Kodo & rescue ferrets Dakota &
Cheyenne who now have a forever home

Ferret grandma to Fria, Loki, Vivi and Duke...missing Jamocha at Rainbow
Bridge

"Ferrets leave tiny little paw prints on our hearts"

Ratties--Jacy, Topher, Dundee, Austin , Geo, Tobe and Bo...missing Ash at
Rainbow Bridge

Visit my daughter & her fiance's ferret web site at
http://www.hideyhole.org