From:
"Karen Purcell, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 20:42:44 +0000
Folks,
I've heard some of the prevailing rumors about Program, and sometimes it's
hard to keep a straight face.  Program is a substance that effects insect
metabolisms only, it has no effect on the mammalian system.  A few animals
may show signs of gastric upset if they are sensitive to the carrier used to
make the medication edible.  It is approved for use in cats and dogs, and I
have heard of it used in ferrets at the cat dosage, but I have not done so
myself.  So, for those who need some humor- Program DOES NOT make dogs
sterile!

Program IS NOT a birth control pill for dogs!  It is birth control for
fleas, actually.

These are just two of the rumors I've had to deal with so far, does anyone
have any others to share?  I've used this in dogs and cats since last
summer, with absolutely no reported side effects whatsoever.

-Dr. Karen