From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:31:10 -0500
For ferret shelterers out there  SHARING AN IDEA / PROJECT!

- recently Ferret Wise was approached by a youth organization with approx
15   6-8 graders who wanted to do a service project.

Oh gads- 15 - 6-8th graders in a small 2 room shelter with emotionally
stressed ferrets from abuse cases etc.  This could not be - so we decided
we need donations to operate- and Thank you's to mail so-- in order to
make the group happy- to give them a worthwhile project etc.  We are
buying supplies to ship out ( they are 2.5 hours away) and sending them
enough stock to make 1,000 Thank you cards for the shelter to mail out
for future donations).

This was the best we could come up with given we do not have limitless
liability insurance and would not want to stress the animals out-- plus
given that we have locked cabinets with medications and have more rules
to follow pertaining to that.

The grounds for the shelter are non existent it is a private yard-- so
the card project is a best alternative to onsite volunteerism we could
come up with-- and hopefully they will enjoy the project.  We are
collecting rubber stamps, stamp pads & colored pencils etc., to send
along to enable the youngsters to decorate and personalize each note!

Wanted to share our new project !

Alicia

for the many faces at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org