From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:20:53 EDT
Now before I begin, you must learn to pronounce that term correctly.....
the Wolfy way.  You must squish up your face and say it.  The
pronounceation is "tsee-tsee" flies.  When you say each syllable it must
look and sound almost like a tiny sneeze.  There.  You got it!

Okay.  I have tsi-tsi flies all in my ferret room for the past month or
so.  They even stray elsewhere in the house now.  At first they were
annoying.  But now they are worrisome to me.  I scoop up poop several
times a day so that there is none for them to swarm about, but it hasn't
helped.  My husband gutted out the room one weekend (it was already very
clean), and it didn't help... they returned.  So now we have those old
fashioned fly strips in the room.  Those help a lot.

Do these tsi-tsi flies hurt anything?  Can they hurt anything or the
ferrets?  Is there any way to get rid of them besides the fly strips?
Yes, I realize that these are oridinary fruit flies, but I'm Wolfy and I
have to have a Wolfy way of naming them.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: