From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:56:54 -0800
Oh what a special day it was.  The day of champions.  A fella named Rocky
Markyano came bounding over the bridge.  Whole and beautiful, he wasted
no time in puffing up his tail bottle brush fashion.  "That's uh, real
interesting there Marky," I said with a giggle.  "You like it?  My mommy,
auntie Diddy and auntie Rose liked it," he replied.  He said he knew who
I was already.  Somehow he knew about Rainbow Bridge, but I never did ask
how.  That's because before I could say anything else his now whole,
little body was bouncing all over the place and rolling in the flowers.
Boof went his tail yet again.  When it bristled, it did so with such
suddenness that dandelions sprayed their little white fluff into the
wind.  There he was laying there with white sprinkled all in his fur.

He kept looking back at the bridge, and then he asked me when his mommy
was coming.  He didn't understand that it was not going to be that day.
I had to tell him that his mommy had more loving to do on earth and that
he needed to catch up on the fun that his body robbed him of.  He asked
me who he had to fight to change that because he missed his mommy plain
and simple and did not want to wait.  This guy, he doesn't get sad.  He
gets mad!  Boof went his tail again.  Tapping my toe, I told him that it
would be very soon.  A blink of an eye.  And I told him that it would
take a long time for him to find some good hidey holes, napping places,
and to see all the sites.  Finally, he began to settle down and he
adjusted quite nicely.  He sure is a strong fella.

Off we went to see the sites.  It was sort of hard, cause this guy, he
loves to dance and bounce around.  He had to keep straightening his halo
back because all that bouncing kept it tilted.  He was just loving this
whole new body.  And he hadn't even noticed he had wings yet!  He was
pretty interested in knowing where he'd nap.  He said he loves warm
naps.  So we spent a good bit of time exploring sacks, hammocks, couches,
hidey's, boxes, towels and blankies.  But he found something really nice.
This big blue, velvet, mushy pillow.  It was under a matching velour
blanket.  When he rested on it, he just sank deep down into it.  The look
on his face was priceless!  "Can I share this with Mom when she comes,"
he asked.  I told him of course.  I wanted to go show him the soup bowl,
ferretone fountain, the otters, and all the sites.  But I turned around
and guess what?  He was snoozing in that big billowy pillow with a big
fuzzy smile on his face.

sandee