From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:58:37 -0600
Hi Ya FML :o)

Ferris sez, weez berry sads fer ta loss fuzzles, an he senz alla doze
fertsfokz a rearly BIGBIG furrit HUGG 'n KIZZ ta come forts yer hurtz.
And hims an hims mom is rearly prayen fer ya all wit sicks furrits 2.

We wanted to comment on a couple of items today, but have decided to do
so with seperate posts fer each topic, beginning with this one . . .

>From:    "Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferretone Alternatives
>Ferretone, to my knowledge is not available in NZ ... As an alternative,
>try Wheatgerm Oil.

>From:    Sam <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferretone in NZ
>You asked whether Ferretone was available in New Zealand.  Actually, I'm
>afraid not.  However, what a lot of people seem to use over here is wheat
>germ oil, I believe.  I tend not to use the oils, but that's mainly
>because I've gotta go out and find the stuff!!  Whenever possible, I can
>and do get Ferretone or Linatone for my babies.

We're not too sure here whether Sam is stating that Linatone is also NOT
available there in NZ, BUT we would imagine that there IS likely some
similar product, if not in fact Linatone itself, which could be gotten from
a pet store there.  Though the dosage of similar products designed for
'cats or dogs' should be "lessened" to give to ferrets, we'd imagine that
there is some similar product on the market for them there even if the
Ferretone version isn't marketed there, the fact is that supplements like
Linatone are by no means NEW, and indeed have been available for usage by
cats, dogs, etc.  for decades now.  The basic ingredients in any of these
supplements are identicle, so apart from the "amount" of each ingredient
differing within the mixture, we'd imagine they would surely suffice in
place of the Ferretone.  (WE DO CAUTION please do be careful regarding the
dosage however, even with Ferretone itself, recommended dosages on the
bottle are EXCESSIVE in our opinion, and we also lessen the amount we
give of it too, especially as it concerns Vitamin A in the mix which is
extremely easy to overdose on!  If it's a cat-dog type then it may even
contain higher amounts of Vitamin A then does Ferretone!)

As far as utilizing the "wheatgerm-oil" as a replacement to a Ferretone
type supplement, and this is JUST OUR OPINION, we caution against giving
the ferret too much additional oil of ANY type, and we really do doubt that
the "wheatgerm-oil" could be veiwed as an "on-par" replacement for the
other types of supplements, 'cause the ingredients are hardly equal.  In
the case of Ferretone, Linatone, there are "several" ingredients whereas in
the "wheatgerm-oil" there is not.  Just an opinion as stated, but we'd
continue to look for an "actual supplement" rather than just providing an
oil, which we doubt could be responsible for providing ALL of the benefit
derived from the supplements.

We do wish ya the best of luck wit yer search anyhoo.

And pray God's Grace for all, always.

Ferris "UMMMMM Ferretone!! ALL GONE!!! What ya means GONE!?? Hissss!"

and his mom
Deba Brezden