From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:59:36 -0400
>From:    Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
>
>... the majority of ferret owners do not vacinate nor do they visit the
>vet unless they notice something unusual.

Please present the studies that prove this point that you are making.  In
my experience with ferret caretakers here in Michigan, I personally know
of no one who does not vaccinate unless there is an issue and know of one
person who did not vaccinate their ferret once the ferret had reached an
older age.  This is from a sample size of about 50.

>Plus it might upset you to know that most of the ferret owners with
>older ferrets (over 7 yr old) don't have surgeries performed...

Again, please present the studies that show this.

>are trying to lengthen the life span of a mammal that NATURALLY lives for
>two maybe three years .  They have a fast metabolism so they live short

-becki kain