From:
"Elizabeth G. Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:25:25 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I checked the archives on FML and found some articles about carbon monoxide
poisoning.  Fortunately for the people and their fuzzies there were no
fatalities.  My son did check the basement and found some carbon monoxide
registering on the meter.  Worse yet he also got some readings for hydrogen
sulfite another poisonous gas.

Please let this be a reminder for everyone to check their furnace and
purchase carbon monoxide alarms.  Ashley and Bandit may have given up
their lives to save my Son and his family.

We have been searching to find out what levels are toxic to ferrets.  The
carbon monoxide reading was 1ppm and the hydrogen sulfite was -4.  If
anyone can tell us what this indicates it would be welcome information.
The furnace was only on for 3 days.  The Oxygen levels were good.  Does
anyone know if Carbon Monoxide levels are different at night than during
the day?  It seems like most deaths occur during the night.  I know usually
because people are sleeping and they might wake up with a headache and not
think anything was wrong with the furnace.

Thank you Skeeter for welcoming Ashley and Bandit.  We know they will be
waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us.  We are happy they have made friends
so fast and that they are happy.  I am really going to miss Bandits dook
dookin' she was a real chatterbox and I could listen to her for hours.
They really loved each other very much so I am glad that they are together
because one or the other would have been heartbroken without the other.

Special Hugs to all the Fuzzies out there and to the Mom's and Dad's they
own.

Liz