From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:51:59 -0500
>Not even any soap.  (Should, in all fairness, be a rule that only one
>winner per raffle.....obviously J.  Mullon bought a box full of raffle
>tickets, but it really isn't fair to any of the other raffle ticket
>purchasers to have him/her win 6 of the 10 soap prizes.

Now, i took that an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT way from some others!  To me it
said that J.  Mullin was marvelously generous -- that he not only gave a
lot but he understands that in raffles a number of people need to win for
future participation, so to me it said that J.  Mullin is kind and
marvelous soul whom anyone would be honored to know!

Guess folks just read things different ways, that's all.

Maybe it's best to just take it as a learning experience and have "two
prizes as the maximum that can be won per individual" as a statement right
up-front-- with the winner who happened to win more than two selecting
among the ones won and the rest being re-awarded-- if that seems like it
might avoid future conflict.

Might as well turn it into something to learn from and go from there.

>Hello all.  I'm the one who won the multiple soaps.  I also donated $85.00
>to participate in the raffle.  I e-mailed to the ferret committee to send
>me only two bars of soap and to pick additional winners in the raffle.

I think that is SWEET!  Yes, you won them fair and square, but you not
only give, you also share and those are two great character traits.  (Now,
don't get all modest on me; accept the appreciation that is due you.)