From:
Eileen Ledbetter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:34:22 -0500
Since I adopted my two little sweeties, these are some of my favorite ferret
moments.

Abby when she first wakes up in her hammock.  Whether its early in the
morning when I wake them up, or when I come home from work, she stretches
and yawns and preens and in general acts like the Queen of Sheba on her
cushions.  I lift up the top of the cage and pat her warm little belly and
she grabs my hand with her paws.  The more I pat her the more she stretches
and preens.  Once she is out of the cage and fully awake, she is far too
busy to be cuddly so this is our special time together.

Lars when he is asleep.  Lars also is not a cuddler when he is awake.  He
doesn't even seem to enjoy being petted, but he will tolerate it for a bit
especially if it means getting a treat.  I love picking him up when he's
asleep because he is a sound sleeper and doesn't wake up.  Then I can hold
him and cuddle him to my heart's content.  I like listening to the soft
little noises he makes in his sleep.

Abby and Lars when they meet in the ferret highway tube.  One goes in one
way and the other goes in the other way and when they meet both their little
tails start drumming like crazy.  I have never seen this behavior outside
the tube and assume it is some sort of hunting instinct.  Having a clear
tube for them is great.  Lars likes to lie on his back and pull himself
along upside down.  It must be back scratching.  When he backs up out of the
tube, all his fur pushes forward and makes wild patterns and swirls like a
psychadelic zebra - he is a sable otherwise :-)

They sure are fun!

Eileen