From:
Linda Soule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 08:25:53 -0600
Remember I told you some day you all could help me.  Well, I need advise.

Everyone knows how much I care about my little guys and I want to do the
best for each and everyone of them.  Well here goes...

Flagstone has fibrolipona and it is invasive.  The vet recommends that we
have surgery within the next couple of weeks so it won't go any deeper.  We
have to get a board certified surgeon which we have, he will have to remove
one rib, move the diaphragm up and take out 1-2 centimeters of the muscle
wall.  He will then replace the rib and wall with a mesh.  She said he will
be fragile for a couple of months and then should be ok.  The pathologist
all agreed that if they could get the remainder out with the centimeters
needed he would be cured.  Otherwise, if it has started to attach to the
liver, kidneys or spine they said they would just go ahead and put him down,
so he wouldn't have to suffer and he wouldn't know what was happening.  As I
sit here crying and I am trying to see the keyboard, sorry for any miss
spelled words...etc.  The cost for the surgery is $1500 maybe a little less
or more.  If we don't do the surgery in a hurry, the vet gives him maybe 6
mos.  He is just a little under 2 years old now.

Jeff doesn't really want to spend the money.  I can understand that since I
have already spent quite a bit already.  But, I feel we have to go in and
take a look to see if the vet can get all of it.  If he can't and it has
gone further, then close him up and I will take him home for as long as
possible.  Sorry, I had to stop to wipe these eyes...

This is where all of you come in.  Have any of you had this type of surgery
done and the mess put into the ferret.  How did they do and what should I
do?  I am so confused and really don't know what to do.  If they don't get
everything he won't live long.  If I don't do the surgery he only has less
than 6 months, but if they get it all, he is cured.

My heart is breaking and don't know what to do.  Help...Please

Linda and Flaggy
Flaggy - I don't want to have surgery but I don't want to leave my Mom
either