From:
"Grant, Lillian CIV 92000" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:08:52 -0700
I got my The San Diego/Wild Animal Park October 2004 Z00NOOZ in the mail
Friday, but only got to look at it Monday and was shocked as I scanned
thru magazine during lunch.  In the middle was article called Mischievous
Mustelids, by Nicki Boyd.  It starts off with: If you have ever met a
domestic ferret Mustela putorius furo, you know how mischievous they can
be.  DOMESTIC FERRET OMG!  Did I read this correct.

Further in the article is says Ferrets are illegal as pets here in
California, one of the main reasons is that they are considered an
agricultural pets.  They also state that many domesticated dogs & cats
do the same thing, which is why it's good conservation to keep pets in at
night, in order to protect many of our native birds and other animals.
It states that you might see them in the nursery window, when there are
no nursery babies that need the space; at other times they live in an
area behind the scenes.  Ferrets love to play in boxes and tubes, so we
give them lots of these enrichment items to keep them busy.  At the
Children's Zoo, they may be out for an animal encounter and you'll get
to meet them in person.  They have learned to go for walks wearing
harnesses, but it's hard to keep them out of the bushes.

They have been named Hobbs & Jill.  There are 3 cute pictures of these
two little angels.

Keeping Good Thoughts for SB89.

Stephanie