From:
"DeRose, Pat" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:30:24 -0500
Hi,

My name is Pat & my husband's name is Dave.  We live in Wayne NJ.  Our
fuzzy's name is Sparky.  She is adorable.  She is a petite sable, about
2.25 lbs.  I got her at a local pet store in Feb '98 when she was about 8
weeks old.

As a child, I only had goldfish.  Once I married & moved into my house, I
had rabbits & a parakeet.  When the parakeet went to the Bridge, I got a
cockatiel.  Then we took the big step of adopting an Umbrella Cockatoo.  We
researched, and saved, and made a conscious decision to take Casper in.
Unfortunately, I developed an extreme, rare allergic reaction to the birds
and when my lungs were working about 30%, they found out what it was & I
was in the hospital for a week.  Needless to say the birds had to go -
right away.  I truly loved them & we had bonded.  It was very sad.  So I
wanted a new pet, one that you could interact with but none as demanding as
a puppy since we are out all day.  Then I heard about ferrets, how great
they are, how much they sleep, and of course their wonderful personalities.
I never expected to fall so deeply in love with Sparky.  She brings more
joy to me than any other pet.  She had an infected anal gland removed about
a year ago.

I am not sure how I found out about the FML - probably in Modern Ferret.
I have been a member a little over a year.  It is a great list.  I have
met lots of really nice folks & their fuzzbutts via the FML.  And I have
learned so much.

Keep up the good work BIG!

Prayers to all the sick little ones and their humans; condolences to all
those whose fuzzies are waiting at the Bridge.

Sincerely,
Pat