From:
Amy Evers & Katie Fert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 17:02:52 -0800
First off, I am not claiming any expertise in this field, just expressing my
oppinion.

I did look up the deffinition of Carnivore, It said : any of the order of
fang bearing, flesh eating mammals.  It did not say "Exclusively Flesh
Eating." I think we have all seen our dogs and cats eating grass or other
vegie stuff.  I had a dog that would walk almost a quarter of a mile out to
this one particular apple tree on our place, haul one back to the house and
eat it, and then go for another.  Another dog I had would eat blackberries
right off the bush, wading in thru the thorns, and she would also pick corn,
peal the husk back and eat it in rows, just like we do.  I also saw a wild
weasle eating currents once.  (and of course there's Aesops Fox and the
Grapes) I don't really know if it's a matter of developing a taste for
fruits & vegies, or if there are some nutrients that they need that aren't
found in an all "meat" diet.  But, I do not think a diet of mostly fruit &
vegies could be good for a "Carnivore".  Just my HO, it's kinda fun to think
about the possibilities though.

I've also seen people write about giving their Ferts meat, How did you
introduce it to them?  I can't even get Katie to take an honest sniff.  Now,
fruits & vegies are no problem.......(GO Figure!) Maybe it's something to do
with domestication?

See Ya,  Amy (Katie, bring that bananna back here!)
 & Katie (But Mom, the FLO *says* to aquire banannas!)

"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"