From:
Danielle Dumler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:12:20 -0500
Hello,
I wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful information, suggestions,
and well wishes for my little Lorelei.  Sadly, she began to get even
worse after my post a couple of days ago.  She stopped drinking and we
could not find a way to get her to take water at all and her breathing
began to be very labored.  We helped her across the bridge on Thursday
morning.  We left her with my vet so that he can do an autopsy and maybe
gain some insight into this horrible illness.

Our other ferret Dee-Dee is very pitiful.  She keeps poking in and around
all the little beds and sleep sacks and dragging the blanket that she and
Lorelei snuggled on around.  We have been trying to spend extra time with
her and our oldest dog, who is usually a little afraid of the ferrets has
been bringing her her own squeaky toys and letting Dee-Dee jump on her.
She enjoys this time out but seems pitiful as soon as she has to go back
in her cage for bed time.  I think we will probably get another ferret
very soon sot hat Dee-Dee is not so lonely.

Again, thanks so much for all the thoughts and information.  I am sorry
that I found this list under these circumstances, but am very glad to
have found such a great group of ferret people and a wonderful resource.
I look forward to posting happier things soon.

Danielle and Dee-Dee (missing Lorelei)