Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 19:20:54 +0000
Hello Again,

OK, so I really don't want to study philosophy.  Shoot me.  Or better yet,
argue me out of existance.

The gang here is doing great.  They are running around at the moment getting
into everything and chewing on my bare feet.  It is a beautiful day and I
have the windows open.  I just wish I could go out and enjoy it, but I am
suffering from a bad case of pneumonia at the moment.  I am planning on

How does one take care of 19 ferrets?  Well, it takes planning, dedication
and a good sense of humor.  I haven't seen one of my tv remotes in several
days now.  Angus likes to hide them.  But he always brings 'em back in the
end.

I use wood stove pellets for litter.  I can't abide the dust in clay litter.
And the stove pellets are cheap.  I couldn't get them in Houston so I used
pelleted paper there.  Works almost as good.

I feed Totally Ferret and/or Iams kitten food.  My cats eat the same thing.
I got tired of telling them who was suppose to eat what.  I also feed lots
of different things, alot of things that alot of people will say not to
feed.  All my ferts have different tastes, so they don't all eat everything.
I feed my duck soup at least once a week.  I also dole out raisins, bananas,
cereal and milk (I share), ice cream, Nutella (milk chocolate spread),
bread, chips, popcorn, Pay Days, nachos, refried beans, tortillas, chicken,
hamburger, hairball, flax seed oil, Ferretone, dog and cat treats.  In other
words, just about anything I eat, if the farts want it they can have a bite.
They are all fat, sassy, in great health, and have thick, shiny coats.  They
have free choice food, DURING THE DAYTIME.

I have been pulling their food bowl at night for awhile now.  Don't yell at
me, it was from a suggestion posted by Bob Church.  But it makes sense, as I
know a lot about carnivores from owning cats for 30+ years.  They are all
doing well and Miss Stella has even added weight since I started this.  But
the main thing is, don't give so many treats that they won't have room in
their tummies for their regular food!  Besides, then you will have to clean
up after them!!

Mine have their own room and it looks like a junk room.  It has 1 6ft.
cage, one 2ft cage next to it.  Both have rugs on top, Miss Stella scales
the sides and lays on the tops.  A futon chair and ottoman, black drainage
pipe, circular, over the top of the chair, clear tubing, lots and lots of
cat boxes, a dresser (were they sleep), crinkle sacks, carpeted caves, old
jeans, and farts everywhere.  But they have lots to do when I am not home.
I rotate their toys to keep them interesting.  I wash bedding weekly.  I
keep multiples of everything so they don't have to do without while I am
washing.

They get out of their room everyday.  They play run around, attack me, chew
on me, bite me and when they get tired they put themselves back up.

I know they are happy and healthy. Happy because they tell me so with
their kisses and hugs, and following me around. healthy from their
energy and gleam in their eyes. I love them and they love me. Ahhhh. I
know, mushy. Can't help myself.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is how the H*LL is Miss Pookie
Bear pooping on top of my washing machine???  Yes, you read right, on top of
it!!  3 days in a row now.  Sigh.

Mo' Maggie Mae and the Mysterious Mustelid (land)Miners