From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 07:22:10 -0500
To All,
I have read from a few who were very upset that they have sent money to
shelters and was VERY upset over the fact that they have not recieved a
reply of thank you

If I send a contribution, I do it from my heart, I don't send or do for
organizations or for people, with the intentions of recieving something
back, I give with an open heart.  Just knowing that I put a smile on
someones face or a good warm feeling in their heart, and knowing that, that
is enough for me.

I am busy this year, putting together boxes of food and toiletries for the
homeless and Battered Women organization, I do not have extra money, and
don't have the money right now to start my own personal christmas shopping,
but thats okay, I know that someone out there is going to have a wonderful
Christmas, because the love from my heart was into giving.

Don't do something for someone with the intent of recieving something back,
that defeats the purpose of giving.  Just know that God is going to bless
you in a special way for being the good hearted person you are.  If they
can't or didn't thank you, know that you did the right thing.

Marti