From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 16:27:45 -0400
When I was at college, someone knocked over a beer and before I knew what
happened, Vanilla had her head dunked into it and lapped up the puddle
off the floor.  Everyone thought it was really cute and laughed but I was
hysterical.  I cleaned it up right away but the damage was done.  In less
time than it took for you to read this, Vanilla was trashed.   She tried
to walk and fell over.  She started dragging her little legs behind her.
Someone suggested that I give her an aspirin (of course, I didn't).  I
put her in the cage and let her sleep it off (and kicked everyone out of
the room, to boot).

She still has a thing for beer but it is OFF LIMITS.  I would not suggest
to our Samual Adams drinking friend that he lets his ferret partake in
the party.  Moosehead maybe, but not alcohol.  Besides, the next thing you
know, your ferret will be a closet alcky and asking people on the
corner to buy him a bottle cause he doesn't have proper ID...  :-)