From:
Yvonne Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:00:48 EST
Last week I was packing my Christmas boxes for the shelters along with
lots of "helpers".  You know the fuzzy kind that steal everything from
the boxes as fast as you put it in:)  My "helpers" finally went to sleep,
I did a final check of the boxes as I taped them up.  After returning
from the post office, I realized I did not do a head count before I left.
I knew I checked the boxes, but.... There was nothing to do but wake
everyone up, visions of ferrets in the mail running thru my head.  I am
running around the house with a squeaky toy and all but one ferret comes
running.  Bulldog my skinny little boy will not wake up and come out to
be counted ( he is almost impossible to wake up during the afternoon).  I
am driving the fuzzies crazy and starting to panic, he's not in the usual
sleeping spots.  Then Angel my tiny girl slides under the back of the
"ferret proof" couch and noses around, slides out and gives me a funny
look.  She keeps sliding under and back out looking at me, finally comes
out and lays in the middle of the floor with that "look" they give you
sometimes.  I finally get the message and gently slide the couch out,
enough to see a silver tail quickly slide further under.:)  Those two
are so small they can still get under what we thought was "fixed" but at
least no one was in the mail!  The smart little snitch got some extra
treats and I had to take a breather.

Hope all is well with your fuzzies.  Special thoughts for all you shelter
moms & dads who will be working Christmas and for BIG who will be keeping
us up to date.

Merry Christmas!
Yvonne and the fuzzy "helpers"