From:
Sherrie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 15:09:17 -0600
Hello all!
Whew!  Between moving myself and my business (but not of ferrets!<g>) I'd
gotten *3 MONTHS* behind on the FML!  I couldn't bring myself to just delete
it all, so I've spent the last 3 days doing rapid skimming and
reading...what a lot has happened!

KODO
I'm still reeling over this one...taking in all that happened over that
horrid month+ in just a few days was really horrendous...heartbreaking...and
knowing I was too late to do anything until now...I want to help...where do
I go from here?  Having just moved my life and livelihood, $ is quite
tight/nonexistent at this point...I'd love to be able to bid on auction
items or purchase a t-shirt... but for now, there's a candle lit in Denver
for dear Kodo.

AFA vs. NEW ORG.
hmmm...how 'bout like what the NRA has, for example?  It has a branch called
ILA- Institute for Legislative Action.  Has a separate board, and it just
focuses on the legislative portion of gun ownership.  How about the AFA
having something on a line with that...a-separate- but-still-a-part-of
addressing just the legalese of ferret ownership?

MF
Don't know what to say on this...my Dweezil is MF (as far as I know)...2
dots on her right ear, came w/ info from MF at the pet store I got her
from...but I'm staying out of this one!

Health news...Dweezil threw up a couple times about 1-1/2 weeks ago...took
her to Dr. Frank (Frucci), did fecal & urine samples, palpating, x-ray
(fearing another blockage) only to look down her throat and find her tonsils
*HUGE* (he's never seen a ferret's tonsils THIS enlarged!)...so all we can
figure was tonsillitis, so she's been on amoxi drops .5ml b.i.d.  and will
continue for up to another 1-1/2 weeks...have seen some reduction in tonsil
size, other than the vomiting (which hasn't happened since those first
times) she's fine!  Playing, eating, pooping, drinking all normal.  Anyone
else encountered tonsillitis in their ferrets?  When I asked Dr. Frank if
he'd ever done a tonsillectomy on a pet, he said 'not on a ferret!', (just
dogs!) I hope Dweezil doesn't become the first!

Deepest sympathies to all who have lost their beloved fuzzies (I cried
plenty when I heard about Meltdown.  To Sukie...sorry it took this long to
offer condolences, even though I don't know you personally and never met
Meltie, it was good to hear of your's and her strength ...I hope I have
enough when my little one's time comes)

Congrats to all the new fuzzbutt parents!

Hope to see some of you Denver area folks at Ferrets Etc.'s Fun Day on the
19th!

(Well, have I exceeded the line limit yet, BIG? :)
[Room to spare. BIG]

Good to be back on top of things!

Sherrie
&