From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:29:56 -0700
We had quite a welcome today for a petite little white girl named, Codo.
I was all set to greet her as she crossed the bridge.  I waited as she
slowly tugged a backpack behind her stuffed with a blue sleepsack and a
blue baby blanket.  I was just about to give her a great big hello.  But
when she set foot on our fertile grounds we heard a great noise from
beyond.  Our heads whipped around to see what it was.  From behind us, a
yellow hummer came flying up beside us.  Inside were Sparky, Barney, Max,
Bandit, Smokey, Shammy, Zeke, and Puff.  Sparky was driving and Max was
sitting right next to her.

"Hold on now, give a girl room," I exclaimed.  Sheesh!  The nerve!  Codo
dropped her pack, ran right past me, and danced all around the buttercups
by the hummer.  I ran up to her and introduced myself.  She stopped short
and noticed all of our wings and halos, then she turned and saw hers.
But instead of being sad, she was ecstatic by the fact that she arrived
here okay and was indeed a tiny weangel now.  She asked me if her mommy
would be so proud and I told her, "of course."

She jumped into the hummer, and I had to drag her luggage aboard.  So
there I was hanging out of the back, holding onto this heavy pack while
they yucked it up in the truck.  I thought we were going to see the
sights, but no.  They wanted to go offroading!  So there I was being
tossed like a salad and there they were dooking away up front.  No mercy
for Sandee.  Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Codo took the
wheel and did donuts in the meadow.  She is incorrigible and went nonstop
all day from all the new found energy.  I think she was glowing ... I
mean literally glowing like a lightbulb she had so much energy around
her.

Finally, the ride came to a stop.  Everyone wanted to go play in bells
and balls, and then go cup tipping.  Codo said that she wanted to do all
of that tomorow.  So all her friends showed her around hammie land.  But
she didn't want to settle in there.  She had her eyes set high.  Up to
the clouds.  Off she went hauling off her stuff to the highest and
tiniest cloud.  We watched her unpack her sack, and her pretty blue
blankie.  And watched her little white fur stick out of the cloud rising
and falling as she slept.  It was peaceful ... until the gang jumped back
into the hummer and spun mud out from the tires and zipped away!  I
distinctly heard laughter coming from that cloud!

Sandee