From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:20:04 -0500
Twice a year I take the cage outside to clean.  I have a huge cage, is 6
feet tall, 20 inches deep and 3 feet wide with upteen floors, ramps, all
kinds of things.  Right now have half divided for Pete and the other half
for RePete where they do not get along together peacefully.

I take the cage outside, lay it on a side and use a high pressure hose to
wash out the rugs.  This takes care of most of it.  After soaking for an
hour or so I go back and re-do the high pressure wash to get any hardened
stuff out.

Then I use a garden sprayer to spray a solution of soap and bleach to
kill any living organisms.  After letting that soak for a bit the hose
comes out again to rinse and this is done twice

I let the cage sit in the sun on its side to dry.  Takes a few hours to
get the rugs dry enough to bring it back in side which is about time for
the guys to get in to stare messing it up again.

RePete is very clean.  Always uses the litter box and makes very little
mess outside.  Pete likes a corner.  He will use the litter box now and
then but not often so he presents a challenge.  I put news papers down
in the areas he frequents so this helps contain it but isn't a sure fire
thing.  Am still looking for that poop cork for Pete.  Maybe that will
help!

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100