From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:32:12 +1200
LOL.  I can definitely relate to how ferrets get under foot at cage
cleaning time.  I can also relate to ferrets clinging onto legs etc.
Here are a few examples, one from just the other day...

To set the scene, I mostly wear sweat pants and sweat tops when I'm at
home.  These of course are fairly easy to cling to for most ferrets.  I'm
also a pinball enthusiast and have a few machines at home.  Finally my
ferrets are free roam when I'm at home.

My first ferret Xena (RIP) quite a few times while I was playing pinball,
climbed up the inside of one sweat pant leg, across my backside, then down
the other leg.  Hard to concentrate on the game without cracking up when
this was going on!

My current alpha ferret Thor when I am playing will often climb up my leg
(I usually bend my leg a little to assist), then he climbs up my back and
onto my shoulder - Whatca doin'?  Whatca doin'?  Whoa good score!  Again
pretty hard to concentrate!

This happened just the other day.  I often snack at home rather than eat
large meals.  These are usually eaten while wandering around the house or
in front of the TV.  I stand out of the reach of my ferrets, who would
otherwise want to sample my food.  Well I thought I was in the clear, but
Lady Penelope got onto the couch and surprised me by launching herself at
me and grabbing onto my leg with all four feet (imagine Garfield on the
screen door or Spider man on a building).  I just looked down at her like
a stunned mullet and she just looked up at me and held on.  She seemed
surprised too with her feat (it was quite a distance) and wasn't quite
sure what to do next!

Sigh.

-David,
Thor, Grover, Lady Penelope and fosters Snuff, Milly and Stumpy.