From:
Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:32:49 -0400
I don't mean this to be a continuation of the MF debate.  I also don't want
to say anything horrible about MF without any proof.  But does anyone know
of any proof that MF or any other company does sell ferrets for fur.

As someone in the medical field I can somewhat justify using animals in
medical research.  Even though I don't like it, there may be good reasons to
use animals as research objects.  In my opinion, they must be very, very
good reasons.

However, I can not tolerate using ferrets to make coats. I don't support
killing animals for human cosmetic purposes. I would really like to find
out if this practice is occuring.
Shelley Straight
Va-Md Regional College
Of Veterinary Medicine