From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:36:53 -0700
Sometimes being undecided isn't so bad, and I don't think I could ever
make a solid decision on the subject of male ferrets vs female ferrets.
I will go ahead and tell you I have a limited pool to pull from: four
guys and a princess.

I love my boys, because they are so huge you can easily hold them like
newborn human babies; Lance and Loki are definitely over four pounds
each; Pirate and Merlin follow at about three to three and one half
pounds.  They are much easier to find when they come up missing than
our princess; the boys tare around the apartment, bouncing and dooking
because they've outsmarted Mama, and the princess gingerly stalks in the
shadows like a Klingon warrior.

My princess actually gives more kisses than her brothers, but she shows
little patience for cuddling; "Now that I gave you kisses, put me down!"
She is the moodiest (sometimes I wonder if she is going through PMS!
LOL).  Does she want the hammock to herself?  Will she share it with
Pirate?  Will she eat the kibble in the bowl, or does it have to be on
the floor of the cage for her to take part in eating?  She contemplates
her entire day, and you can seriously see her thinking about every move
she makes.

One major difference that sends me into sighs of "Oh, no!" are the boys
distructive habits.  You never half to wonder who didn't
1. Eat the heel of the sock
2. Dig all the food out of the bowl onto the carpet, leaving the ferrets
   hungry and the cat fed
3. Finally dug a hole in the flexy-tube
4. Pooped on the carpet....
All these things were never committed by our princess.

Lance: "Don't yas blame me for da hole in da tube; mes not dun dat."
Pirate: "I was in da hammy with da princess, so not me either."
Merlin: "Me was cleaning my fur; yas knows that takes all da day long,
         so it wasn't me."
Loki: "Your fur thing makes you most likely to be a cross dressing fert,
Merlin. Me made the hole-- and there are three of them by the way."
Lance: "Cool, teach us how!"