From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:24:08 -0500
>Date:    Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:39:46 PST
>From:    Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
>I have read a few posts on the possibility of some Mazuri food being
>contaminated.  I have used it for over a year and not had any problems
>until a week ago. For those of you who did not catch the post, Lucy was
>found on the bottom of her cage Sun the 15th... <SNIP> Now dartanian is
>sick and a ferret that we boarded last week is sick.  Not to the extent
>that Lucy and Ghost were but they stopped eating and drinking.  The vet
>did mention the possibility of food contamination but only in passing.  Now
>after reading the post today, we threw away what was left in their bowls
>and bag and got a new bag from the pet store.

Did you have a sample of the food tested?  I fear that even by calling the
800 number, they are of course going to tell you that nothing has been
reported.  I know that that is the way Ms. Sims found out her contaminated
food.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Wood Pellets

>So I decided to go out and pick up some at a local Home Depot.  To my
>surprise they don't carry it nor will they order any in.  I have the SKU
>number that Home Depot uses or at least uses for other people in other
>places.  I live in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area in Michigan.  I was on the
>phone most of Saturday calling places to see who carries these pellets.
>NO one does.

Hi!  We live in Brighton, MI (I work in Ann Arbor!) and we use the wood
pellets.  I love them!  I found them at Home Depot in Brighton (off of 96)
for about $3.09 for a 40# bag.  They are kept outside in the garden area
for some strange reason and the people that worked there looked at me like
I was from a different planet when I tried to explain to them what they
were.  But they did find them for me!  I also found them at Quality Farm &
Fleet in Howell (on Grand River) for $2.99 for a 40# bag.  I like these
best - they are made in MI for Quality Farm & Fleet, are HARD WOOD (with no
odor), and are darker than the ones from Home Depot - and best of all they
are cheaper than Home Depot and kept right inside near the wood pellet
burning stoves.  I am so IN LOVE with these wood pellets!  The best thing
about Quality - I asked if they could get them all year and they said YES!
They told me that last year they had about a TON left over that they still
had in back during the summer!  They told me all I had to do was tell them
that I needed a whole bunch and they would put in a big order at the end of
the season!  How wonderful!

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521