Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:00:37 GMT
Hello all!
I'm new to the list, and I've never formally introduced my ferrets and I.
Shiloh is a chocolate sable siamese, Yappers is a cinnamon mitt siamese,
Binks is a DEW (only 2 dark whiskers on her, that's all.) They're all
between 6 and 7 months old.  This past Sunday my husband and I drove 180
miles to KiSta Ferret Rescue in Manahawkin, New Jersey to pick up our new
baby.  Biscuit is between 9 months and a year old, she's a black sable, and
she's REALLY tiny, she barely weighs a pound.  Biscuit was found a nameless
stray wandering the streets of Trenton, New Jersey.  She had a spinal cord
injury, and was dragging her back legs.  She was in the shelter for 3
months, and regained some use of her back legs.  Now I have her, and she's
doing very well.  She was SOO curious about my other ferrets that I
introduced them sooner than I was planning to....and today she's living
in the main cage with the other three.  They play and romp and do all the
ferrety things together, and then will sleep in a heap.  Binks, who usually
prefers to sleep alone, will sleep with Biscuit.  We have found our
favorite things to do are: digging in a bin of loose millet seed, surfing
on a blanket, hiding everything that is not nailed down, and trying to
stash the cats under the sofas.  (Mind you my cats weigh between 7 and 15
pounds, and my little 2 pound girls STILL insist on trying to drag them
under furniture!)

I guess I'll sign off now, but I'd like to chat with some more ferret folk.
My ICQ# is 42261410 (nickname mist)
AIM is Binksfert

Take care and keep on dookin!