Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 22:10:36 -0400
Well, Beckett had her biopsy today: 4 samples were taken--3 from her balding
belly and one from her back (for comparison, I guess).  Now here's the
twist: she most definately seems to be growing some guard hairs back on her
underside, and the short, soft underhairs seem to be getting thicker again.
This seems strange to me, as she really had a bald belly there for a while,
and she is not changing coat at this time (on any other part of her body).
Her bald strip (from tail to forelegs) now has *some* (ie: not much)
yellowish fur by her armpits and *some* 1\3 length silver guard hairs
*starting* to grow back on the rest of her belly.  Dr.  Williams (and
others), have you ever seen this before?  Does it help weigh the odds in
favor of allergy/skin infection as opposed to adrenal problems.  This is not
a case of Adrenal Denial!  The hairs *are* really coming back in.  I just
noticed this today as a result of my close-up inspection of her biopsy
sutures; I swear the hairs weren't there when I decided that she should have
medical attention a few days ago!  Please let me know what this may
indicate!  Thanks in advance to all!

--- Beckett (I'll use pity as an excuse to dig in the litter box!)
    Gerty   (Stitches or no stitches, I'll get her to play yet!)
    Ross    ("Beck, quit jumping off the couch, you just had a surgical
              procedure!")